Saturday, August 14, 2010

Adventures: Year 3

The 3rd year has started with a bang and after only 1.5 days, I feel more like myself than I have in 3 months. So, I'm watching this movie "The Reading Room"...pretty good. Not the point, the following conversation happens between James Earl Jones, and the teacher character.

JEJ: 21 years, the teaching must be gratifying
Teach: Actually, it is gut-wrenching.

My teacher friends and I know it is both, sometimes at the same time. It's an amazing feeling to know how much you've impacted their little lives. 2nd day of school, "Miss Wishon Miss Wishon!" before I even turn around, I feel 2 tiny arms hugging me so tightly. It was one of my babies from last year. He looked up at me with the biggest eyes, and said "I miss you, Miss Wishon." I'll be honest, I missed them all summer. At the end of the day, he walked out with his bus line, looked back, saw me, and yelled "I still miss you!" Of course, I let him know I missed him too. Those moments are the best, repeat....THE BEST!

Of course, you deserve some funny:

Day one, waiting for dismissal I overhear one of my girls say:
S1: I'm about to go home and get some fried chicken.
Me: Are you hungry still?
S1: Nope, I just wanna eat some friend chicken.
Me: Okay.

I hope to be more intentional about keeping this up-to-date....afterall, funny things happen every day :)

No comments: